- Alcohol will often exaggerate whatever mood you're in when you start drinking.
- Alcohol is a relaxant so, in moderation, it can reduce feelings of anxiety and inhibitions, making you feel more sociable.
- It takes your body an hour to process one unit of alcohol.
- One drink too many can leave you feeling out of control – like slurring your words, losing your balance and vomiting.
- Official guidelines recommend that men shouldn’t regularly drink more than 3-4 units a day and women shouldn’t regularly drink more than 2-3 units a day.
- Long-term excessive use of alcohol causes illnesses such as liver damage, stomach cancer and heart disease.
Learn more about Alcohol at…