- Taking cocaine makes users feel on top of the world. Its effect is like the stimulant 'amphetamines' (speed) but is stronger and doesn't last as long. People taking it feel wide-awake, confident and on top of their game.
- Cocaine is a stimulant, so it can raise the body's temperature, make the heart beat faster and stave off feelings of hunger.
- The effects of crack smoking are virtually immediate, peaking for about two minutes and lasting for only about 10 minutes. For snorted coke there is a slower time to peak but the effects still donít last that long (around 20-30 minutes).
- Heavy crack users may take heroin to try to dull their cravings. As a consequence, some crack users have become dependent on heroin as well.
- Regularly smoking crack can cause breathing problems and pains in the chest. Smoking anything damages the lungs.
- Injecting a mixture of cocaine and heroin, known as a 'speedballing' is a dangerous cocktail Ė with potentially fatal results.
Learn more about Crack at…