The Matrix works with young people under 18yrs, their families and carers in South Tyneside whose lives have been affected by drugs or alcohol and those who are at risk of developing drug or alcohol problems.
Offering a service on behalf of South Tyneside Council we are a team of specialised workers offering a friendly and supportive confidential service located in South Shields Town Centre. (Alternative locations can be arranged).
We are here to help you.
We offer young people:
- Advice and Information
- Drug & Alcohol awareness
- Opportunities to explore triggers for using and self-help strategies
- Support with Relapse Prevention
- Help with Social and Educational needs
- Identification and appropriate actions for safeguarding and risks
- Counselling where appropriate
- Access to Sexual Health services and Condom Distribution
What happens at the appointment?
We will talk to you and listen, to better understand your situation and work out together the best way we can help and support.
Understanding your needs is called an assessment, one to one ongoing support will then be arranged if required.
Anything you say to Matrix staff will not be shared or passed on to other people unless we are worried that you or someone you know is being harmed or is likely to be harmed.
if we are worried and have concerns, we will discuss this with you